Ava Grace's Closet: Women are Easy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Women are Easy

Now that I've got your attention...

So, here's the thing.
I've been thinking a lot about happiness lately.
Specifically, what might make me happy.
I've talked to all of my girlfriends and funny enough, there is a common thread to this elusive happiness.
Narrowed down to consideration, kindness and just a wee bit of appreciation.

You see, if you're like me, you come last.
Always doing everything for everyone - and most days, feeling as though no one really appreciates it.
The days continue, and I continue.
Doing. 
But at some point along the way, all the doing left me empty.
A simple thank you once in a while would have gone an incredibly long way.
A small gesture. Something that would have left me feeling like all of my efforts were not in vain.

I grew up in a typical european household.
My mother did everything.
My father worked.
And so it went.
He is an incredible man. Kind. Helpful. Loyal. But I don't know that he ever told her how much he appreciated everything she did and continues to do.
I am not sure if it is difficult for the men in our lives to see this? To see how it makes us feel. To see how it can make your heart ache and yearn for more.
I won't say all, but men have it all wrong.
This idea that women need lavish gifts. Romantic getaways. Big extravaganzas.
When really, all we want is a grocery store bouquet when you've been asked to pick up milk. On a Tuesday.
A compliment when we come downstairs after having spent an hour getting ready for an event.
A "thank you for dinner".
A one-minute phone call to check in.
Maybe a night off where the first line doesn't start with, "I'll watch the kids"? #theyreyourstoo

Consideration.
Kindness.
Appreciation.

It goes a long way.
xo





1 comment :

I love reading every last one. Thanks so much for stopping by our little blog. xo.